So, Legion is the very first expansion in my life that I did not buy on it’s release day.
This feels kind of weird (obviously) as 10 years is a long time – in fact, this is the longest commitment of my life at this point… yes, this can be kind of depressing if you look at it this way :D
I might give Legion a shot later on, as a few of my co-workers are playing and they say it’s quite a decent expansion (despite the heavy timesinks and grinds included). Nevertheless, I feel that I’m done for good this time.
Partly I have decided this when I was goofing around with my hunter in the pre-exp patch. I already got used to my favourite class getting dumbed down by each new expansion, removing action bars one by one as skills and macros went obsolete by the years, but this time, it was something different. Continue reading
- Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power.
- Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
- Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
- Lock and Load no longer benefits Arcane Shot, nor is it consumed by Arcane Shot.
The interesting parts are above :) Thank God they extended BA duration, it was a good choice (although I hate SV as a spec). In addition, there is a slight change on Vial of the Shadows, where its damage is lowered but its proc rate is increased to reduce PvP burst… too bad :/ Aaaaaaaaand…. NO MORE mature language filter bugs! Thanks in the names of many-many dirty-mouth players.
Also, I’ve managed to finish my AQ40 rep grind, and I finally acquired full T 2.5! My guild is progressing as well, we killed Ultraxion and Yorsahj on hardmode finally. (Too bad that I wasnt there on the Yorsahj kill, and the HC tier token dropped, of course.
I’ve been doing some PvP as well lately, both on rogue/shaman/hunter, and we kinda enjoyed ganking stuff in SW, since we managed to find some places where are no guards >:) You may have noticed that the post updates are not too good these days, and that is because I came home where I only have the shittiest PC ever. In addition, I’ll go to a ski trip on Saturday, but that does not mean I’m not gonna stay tuned :)
Here is a video about the crappy PC I have to play with:
Ok, I know that everyone is talking about this _indeed_ awesome feature of the next content patch. I think I am the happiest about this implementation. I always wanted to raid in my full T1 set which I got back then. But I feared that I can’t use Rhok’delar in the future, since it’s a bow, and the BIS ranged weapon probably won’t be a bow in the next patch. Also nowadays if we skip the HC Rag bow which is unreachable for the masses, there are crossbows mainly.
But then I read this:
Awesome! Now I only need to get the Bloodfang helm for my rogue and I’m all set! Though I don’t know yet if I’m gonna use the T2 or… the dungeon set 2 which is unobtainable atm, and even back then, it was a PAIN to get it. For example you needed a quest item which you could receive in mail every few days with a few percent droprate….
Awesome wowhead guide about transmogrification, with FAQ and a database of kick-ass oldschool gear.
8 new rare tamable beasts have been added, each of which provides a unique taming challenge. Will you be the first hunter to tame Deth’tilac, the rarest and most powerful of them all? Players will need to progress through the Hyjal Regrowth and Molten Front daily questing areas in order to unlock access to the full gamut of taming challenges.
That means that the beasts will be in a phased zone I guess. Why is Deth’tilac the most powerful? Because it will be damn hard to tame him. He’s got a buff which protects him from being tamed when not on low hp. But he also has 38 745 000 HP. Also he has got an ability what instantly kills a player but it costs him 10% HP. I think the time has come again to bring our friends for a taming process.
Ban’thalos, Anhka, Magria, Solix, Kirix, Anthriss, Deth’tilac and Skitterflame. Gotta catch’em all.
Original guides at WoWhead and Petopia. Why copypaste ? :D
UPDATE: So here are the newest PTR changes. I think that the oversimplifying of stuff is not good over a certain level. I feel like that our pets are on the same level as warlock minions and stuff… Casuals will welcome these changes I guess, but doh, I don’t think that this game is for them.
- Bloodthirsty no longer generates Happiness.
- Carrion Feeder no longer restores Happiness.
- The Feed Pet ability now instantly heals 50% of the pet’s health. Cannot be used in combat. Requires diet-appropriate food.
- Guard Dog no longer causes Growl to generate additional Happiness.
- The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets.
- Glyph of Mend Pet is now Glyph of Greater Proportion, which increases the size of the pet slightly.
Hunter Bug Fixes
- Distracting Shot and Multi-Shot are now properly 40-yard range.
- Multi-Shot now properly has a 1-second global cooldown.
Finally they removed the -5 level thingy from Tame Beast. Now we do not need to level our pets when we tame a new one.
- Explosive Trap now has a new spell effect.
- Master’s Call now has a new spell effect.
- Tame Beast now tames pets to match the hunter’s level, rather than 5 levels below.
- Deterrence no longer requires a melee weapon to be equipped.
As MMO-champion announced, these two instances will be back in 4.1 as 5-man HC dungeons, dropping 353 loot aswell as rare mounts.
Yes, we’re proud to annouce that new rare-drop Raptor, Tiger and Warbear mount will be available, while the old mounts still have their unique beauty in hand.
Awesome. There will be other interesting stuff, check the link at the top. Ragnaros and Firelands… Mmm.
Also this one seems to be pretty nice. Many people are wondering if these new 5-man HC’s are the beginning of the so-called “Free epix” thingy again. Personally, I don’t think so.
Incoming awesomeness! I like these places very much, so I’m awaiting more patch notes. Be sure to check MMOchamp regularly :)