Warlords of Draenor.
No pandas, no pokemon fights, no ridiculous new races or classes. This expansion is literally oldschool, as it takes place in the past, filled with badass orc warlords and their clans. Is this the expansion that we were waiting for?
Despite feeling quite awful, last night me and my friend prepped some chips and food, and sat behind my new laptop (x550CC, i5, 720M, 8GB) to watch the Blizzcon live stream.
When the announcement was made by Chris Metzen (who else, I mean the guy has an awesome voice), we were like 5-year old boys when they get new toys in the kindergarten. It feels epic. Let’s see, what do we get?
- LvL 100, of course
- Draenor, a new continent. NOT A REMAKE of Outland, they clearly stated it at the event.
- Multiple orc clans; the player must prevent Garrosh’s Iron Horde to pwn the world
- New character models; They are friggin’ awesome!
- Garrisons… Who are we kidding, Player Housing! This feels as the biggest thing in the xpansion, and it seems they are making this awesome. The amount of work that can go into building a perfect garrison can be insane. Of course, they put this in as a timesink for casual players, as there are missions that are progressing even when you are offline, and you got to build stuff almost RTS style, but this will be rewarding for HC players as well. Train and GEAR up followers who level up and get abilities and professions? Oh my god, I can see my real life fading away slowly…
- Rewarding PvP, Trial of the Gladiator! Gear scaled down to an equal level so the only thing matters is pure skill.
- And ofc new content, instances, all looking beautiful.
So all in all, this may be it. Despite some of the features being casual-appealing and timesinky, all of them are done in a way that they seem very-very useful to a HC player as well. Also, later that night, the new talents came in. Of course, we are only interested in one class:
30 Focus, 40 yd range
Fires a bola at the target, which wraps around them. After 1 sec, it explodes, dealing 3000 Fire damage to them, and an additional 2000 Fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards.
Replaces Arcane Shot.
40 yd range
2.77 sec cast
Requires Ranged Weapon
Carefully line up the perfect shot, dealing 150% weapon damage. Generates 60 Focus.
Cannot be cast while moving.
Replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot.
Beast Mastery & Survival
Also refreshes Serpent Sting.
Also triggers Steady Focus.
With or Without You
Beast Mastery (Versatility)
Increases the effect of your pet’s Combat experience to 70% increased damage. Your pet now gains the following abilities, regardless of spec:
- Spiked Collar
- Blood of the Rhino
- Great Stamina
- Boar’s Speed
Marksmanship & Survival (Lone Wolf)
Increases all damage dealt by 30% when you don’t have a pet active.
This is going to be awesome. BM seems really powerful, though the MM one seems lame a bit, forcing hunters not to use their pets…
Anyways, more to come!